November 12, 2010

Elsie & Ryan Thurman Wedding: Lace, Love, & Laughter

On October 30th, Elsie and Ryan tied the knot at St. John's in Lawrence.  It was a gorgeous wedding on a beautiful fall day.  When two people are best friends, it reveals itself in every frame with the smiles, tears and stolen kisses.


With each wedding I photograph, I learn more and more about why I feel so honored to have been asked to document a pivotal moment in the lives of two people who are binding themselves and their families together forever.  It is a monumental day full of tender tears as parents let go and life-long dreams are fulfilled.  And, for once, I am not intruding if I catch it with my camera.


At one point during the rehearsal dinner, Elsie grabbed me and my assistant, Mayshell. "You two, I don't worry about. I worry about a lot of things tomorrow, but not you. Thank you for that."

Wedding Photography:  it is about trust, it is about responsibility,
it is about knowing what the families want and wanting it too.






I will share next week about why it is important to have two photographers at your wedding.  This shot of the entire ceremony from the choir loft comes compliments of my new friend and creative associate, Malinda Chapman of BBN Photography in Missouri (http://www.bbnphotography.com/ and, yes, I am learning that there is greatness east of Kansas). 

If this were a Where's Waldo, I'd ask you to find the sneaky photographer.





I love bubbles,
even when they land on my camera lens. 




Elsie and Ryan's family and friends filled out their wedding party.  They were an emotionally invested team, working hard on both Friday and Saturday to make sure they did their part to make this celebration beautiful and memorable.  With this group, I never had an awkward moment; not even when I body surfed through the limo to get to the where the chauffeur could hear me for driving directions.




Elsie and Ryan, I know this day was yours,
but you shared it with all of us and for this we thank you. 
Congratulations.

2 comments:

  1. Very nice!!! makes me want to get married all over again just so you could be my photographer. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, so sharp, love the way you had the wedding party pose. Very awesome.

    ReplyDelete