October 28, 2010

My Peeps

These ladies are my heart.  They joined together to make my birthday unforgettable. 

From longest running friend to most recent:

Tracy - we share DNA since she's my baby sister so it's cool to have her as a best friend too!

Amy - we share loads of Jr. High and High School secrets about each other so I keep her close in case she decides to write a book.

Ange - we share memories of lots of laughs and tears.  I can show up at her house early on a Sunday morning in my pjs because I am locked out of my house and it's perfectly okay, possibly expected.

Susan - we share in a piercing desire for our kids to be the men and women God wants them to be.  She also is perfect companion for spur-of-the-moment adventures where anything can happen (yes, she's been Zombie hunting with me, but that's another story).

So me and my peeps headed out to a remote location.  We piled out of the van decorated with lots of crazy slogans like, "Honk if you think 45 is old!"; laughing and giggling like we were all in high school.  I made them shake off all their troubles (this took a while because they are all loaded, but was quite effective) before we proceeded down the path loaded with cheese, crackers and wine. 


just Breathing
Laughing
Sighing

Sharing memories
Laughing
Tasting

and just Breathing


Of course I had to take a few pictures, but almost reluctantly.  I didn't want to lose a single moment by putting the camera between me and them. 


As the light faded, the conversation turned deeper and more intimate.  We were safe with each other and could say anything.  What a treasure it is to find others different than you, yet melded at the heart. 

Then the coyotes started their yipping somewhere in the dark and someone (I won't name Who, but you know who You are) decided it was time to wrap it up, saying something to the effect, "I will do spiders, but coyotes are not my thing".  (*sniff*...stupid coyotes -- they ruin everything) 

So we headed back having basked in the glow of true friendship and sisterhood. 

Because of them, I am richer than I ever could have imagined. 

No comments:

Post a Comment