November 10, 2009

Day 30: About Karla

A couple of years ago, David and I were at a Building 421 concert. They were signing up people to support children through World Vision. On several tables, they had an assortment of photographs of children and you could pick the one you would support. I let David take the lead on this since I knew it was a long-term financial commitment. Watching him hover over the boys, I was sure he'd pick one since he didn't have another male at home. Then I saw her eyes - and David reached to pick up her photo.

Since then, we receive a letter from her every 6 months or so. She was happy to share that she was recently de-liced and de-wormed so that she could stay healthy. We take so much for granted!

This is a picture I took with my camera timer so Karla could see herself on our fridge. She stays there so we can remember to pray for her and her family.




No comments:

Post a Comment