October 14, 2009

Happy 44 Years to Me


October 14, 2009.


Happy 44th Year to me today! My goal this year is to take 365 pictures, one per day. I figure that I will do this for several reasons: 1) to become a better photographer, 2) to chronical the year of transition between raising children and starting out with an empty nest, and 3) to plant myself in a meaningful way every day of my life.


My first picture (1/365) is in terrible lighting and with lots of doggy movement. It is 5:30 a.m. and David and I are walking the dogs (Rowdy and Otis) in our new (self-designed) reflector vests. David wanted to sleep in and I wanted to go out. The birthday girl wins every battle for the next 24 hours.

2 comments:

  1. Okay, Ottis looks just as sleepy as David. LOL
    Happy Birthday
    I love you so much and am thankful that the Lord chose you to be my big sister! Like I was told when I turned 40 this year...40 is the new 20 so 44 must be the new 22. That's not too bad! Enjoy every day of it and take lots of wonderful pictures. Can't wait to see what will unfold in this years photo blog. Love you ...T.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen and amen, must mean I'm a young 23! Happy Birthday to you, it will be interesting to see the year in picture, a lot to see. Blessings lady, Susan

    ReplyDelete